Wednesday 21 August 2013

Post #1 - The Start of My Own Collection:

 Research and Books

Lots of photocopies of Vogue magazine

This is my very first post on my development of my FIRST collection that I decided to start during my summer holiday (while I still can). So for the last 2/3 weeks, I've been doing nothing and thought that I needed to get a move on with starting my summer school work before I leave it til last minute (like always) and I wanted to make my own project that I love doing. So here is the post that I've promised I'll make showing you my progress into my newest collection :)

First off, before any designing takes place, one must research their stuff! It's a very important aspect as it tells the designer where, what and who they're targeting so target market can be met and reaches their needs. I started off with trends first from this year's spring and summer collection. I used Vogue magazine to narrow it down to 30 trends and rearranged everything so it fits onto 2 A4 pages of my sketchbook. Here I've highlighted the main trend and fashion designers to help me integrate designer research as well as colours, textures and even the other side to fashion which is beauty. Styling could help out with the look and feel of my collection. 

30 Tricks and Trends for Spring and Summer

UGG Australia and Ralph Laurent
For the next 12 pages, I decided to use Vogue's A4 pages to briefly look up some brands and designers which might help me out with my design briefs and decide which style suits them the best. I've annotated some information about their style from Voguepedia - very helpful website for brief detail about designers, models, brands and photographers. 

Isabel Marant and Topshop






Designers to look out for
Florabotanica Perfume
Celebrity style trends on the red carper
I've got hold of a notebook that cost £4 from Asda and it's a really nice notebook ^^ although the price is a bit high, I do like quality a lot of the time and I like how professional it looks. I've only written 2 pages in this about plans and structure of my second project which I haven't done any research for. I've also done some pages at the back about upcoming designers that could be helpful for some research and what the celebrities are wearing at red carpet events. 
Cara Delevingne and some designers to look out for

A page of 2: T|ask Analysis

That's probably it so far. Make sure you follow this blog for more updates of my collection which I hope to start designing in a couple of days if not, in a week.

Priscilla x



No comments:

Post a Comment